In the spirit of Easter I am reviving one of my old recipes as a post-workout Protein Smoothie for Easter!
If you like hot cross buns but don’t want to indulge in them, then I’ve got you covered. ?
The recipe includes lacuma powder which rich in antioxidants and b vitamins, making it an excellent source of nutrition, and give it some texture. #Recipe as follows:
– 250ml vitasoy unsweetened, low fat coconut milk or water (depending on your goals!)
– 1 tsp cinnamon powder
– 1 tsp raw cacao
– 1 tsp lacuma
– 1/2 tsp nutmug
– 1/2 cup ice
– 1 tsp flax seed oil
– 1/2 cup of oats (soaked in just enough water to cover, a little beforehand)
– 1 large medjool date (also soaked as above)
– pinch of pink Himalayan salt
– 1 large pear cooked
– 1 serve protein of your choice, I used @proteinsuppliesaustralia vanilla egg white #paleopro
Blend and enjoy your Easter! ??? Would be ideal to pair with a some fresh salad or vegetables if you are after a more substantial meal.