So I may or may not have offered to make a salad for my lovely friend @angie.m.martin’s Canada day dinner. Coldest day of the year, go figure? ❄️❄️❄️
Regardless, this tasty and colorful concoction will brighten up your day, if nothing else! ?
Recipe as follows:
In a large bowl mix the following:
– 2 large continental cucumbers, diced
– 2-3 punnets of cherry tomatoes quartered
– 1 fennel bulb diced
– 1/2 a red onion, diced
– 1 sleeve flat leaf parsley, chopped
– seeds of 1 pomegranate
– 2 fists full of baby spinach
– 1 packet of feta (low fat, full fat, vegan, whatever suits your dietary requirements or belief systems ?)
Dress, just before serving, with a mix of:
– Juice of one large lemon
– 1 tablespoon of flax seed oil. – 1 clove of garlic, crushed
– salt and pepper to season
And voila, you have it, a salad to share with friends, or package for your prep.
Enjoy ?✌️ Thank you to @andrea.ptmum for the suggestion of the fennel, perfect addition! ??